23 March, 2008

Happy Easter



Picture of Peter Rabbit from Little Elfs Toy Shop that the wee man found in his Easter bucket this morning.

I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. I know I am. It's been great being off for the last 3 days. I wish I had tomorrow off as well, but there is a looming deadline at work and well, somebody has to do it, right?

It has been busy and there are a few things that I promised friends that I would do that I haven't gotten around to yet. I will I promise, I just have been a little overwhelmed lately organizing my life.



The wee man started the day off on a good foot with a lollipop in one hand and what's left of a chocolate carrot in the other. All before breakfast. This only happens twice per year: Christmas and Easter. Now I'm trying to get his spinach/rolled oats breakfast bars into him. Wish me luck with that. They are good, but can't compare to Lindt chocolate bunnies and carrots.

The wee man and I are going to take a walk into the Village this morning (this is a strip of cafes and boutiques that is the central focus of our neighborhood and we all refer to as the Village) to return the movies, get bagels at St. Viateur, and coffee at Starbucks. Then it's home to bake pies and put a ham in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. The husband has invited some of his co-workers who are visiting from Italy for Easter dinner this evening. These are people who are used to 10 course meals served on VERY fine china and using real silver (not to mention driving very expensive Italian cars). I think dinner at our house will be a very humbling experience (although I'm not sure for who).

Here's a sneak peek of a couple of new items that I added to the store yesterday. More to come shortly.



No comments: