15 November, 2007

Portraits

Last night we went into the studio for our first attempt at portraiture. In my opinion it was less than successful as most of us had no idea what we were doing. But it was fun none-the-less. It was actually very cool learning how to put together the big studio lights and how to use barndoors on lights, the effects that different backgrounds can make, what is the Rembrant lighting effect, and butterfly lighting. Doesn't mean that I can do any of it, that was the less than successful part. But here are a couple that I kind of like. They are not cropped in any way (yet). I may post the final versions after. I did take more technically accurate pictures, but these, to me, captured more of who they are. Any comments are appreciated.

1 comment:

Igagnon76 said...

very nice portraits! i don't know if i'll be able to make it to tomorrow's class, so i'm glad i got to see some of yours.