08 March, 2008

I'm sure the sun is shining somewhere







It sure isn't here.

Snow started late this afternoon and it is a blizzard like I haven't seen in a long time. We are expecting anywhere from 30-50 cm of snow.

This is on top of the over 300 cm we've already received this winter.

Right after I had the wee man I became obsessed with the weather (but for different reasons). The husband banned me from watching the weather channel for a while. Unfortunately, my obsession seems to be rearing its ugly head again. Only this time it's snow instead of heat.

Time to batten down the hatches and make sure that we have candles and the flashlights are in working order in case the power goes out. The wind is so strong I'm not even sure we can light a fire.

I swear I just saw a snow tornado in the street in front of our house. Maybe it will lift the house and we'll land somewhere in Kansas. Might not be a bad idea.

1 comment:

Martha Hughes said...

Ok - so I won't complain about my basement flooding after each and every winter rain storm. At least I can still function and move freely - I just have to wear hip waders when I want to get something out of the freezer. ;)

But if it did snow here as much as it has there I could use my snowshoes...