16 February, 2008

Saturday morning



This doesn't happen too often. It's 9:00 am on a Saturday morning and I find that I have 2 hours in front of me before la famille returns from a morning of karate classes, and before I have to take the wee man to swimming lessons followed by The Spiderwick Chronicles (I am so looking forward to this movie).

Saturdays are always so crazy. Karate, swimming, errands, grocery shopping, playdates, never time to do anything else and I'm always glad when Saturdays are over. But the husband has taken over the karate run (something that the two of them do together) leaving me with a couple of hours of free time.

It's not like I don't have anything to do. I need to start a freelance writing job that is due at the end of the month, heat press some t-shirts that are going to be added to the Shop this weekend, write personal recommendations for some ex-colleagues on LinkedIn, iron the wee man's school uniform so I won't be left with ironing Sunday night, pack the swimming bag, and, and, and... but I think that I will have a cup of tea and read the article in this morning's paper about how organic cleaning products really aren't all that "green" afterall. Ugh! Is it really so difficult to go green? Apparently this practice is so common it has an official name, greenwashing. Is it back to vinegar and water and homemade cleaning products? Hmmm. That could be a new business venture...

No comments: