02 December, 2007

What do you mean you have your Christmas tree up?

I've been perusing some of my favorite blogs since last weekend (American Thanksgiving) and I was confused when people were saying that they gave in to temptation and put their Christmas tree up right after Thanksgiving. Huh? Wasn't it still November? Funny thing is I then started noticing lots of Christmas trees up here.

What is going on with this? I've never noticed so many people decorating so early before. For us the rule was always outdoor lights never up before Dec. 1st (and even then we felt that was early), and Christmas tree up by Dec. 15th because that's my birthday, not because it was time.

So now I'm feeling the pressure to decorate too. After much swearing and threatening that this is the last year he does it, the husband got the outside lights up this afternoon (just before what supposedly will be our first storm of the season). And I did put some decorations up around the house. But only enough so that it is a little festive and not too over the top.

Every year I put these two glass snowflakes in my windows. When the outside lights catch them, they look beautiful.

On the top picture you can just see my white fur trees. Normally I would never like something like this, but honestly I love them. They are so kind of 70s ice stormish.



There is a little bit more, but I'll save it for another day. Now back to the storm watch to see how big this storm is going to be.

No comments: