01 August, 2007

August 1 - ugggh

Does this landmark look familiar?

The Orange Julep is one of our favorite places to go in the summer. I can't believe that it is August 1. This means that the summer is half over. In case you think that I am suffering from a case of my glass is half empty, well you are right when it comes to summer ending. There is approximately 2 months of summer in Canada, if you are lucky. The rest is cold, wet and miserable. So why do we live here? Well, those 2 months of summer are pretty awesome.

I had this ambitious summer reading list, but I haven't even been reading that much. I did finish What Remains by Carole Radziwill. It was fabulous. I couldn't put it down. I did plan on reading lots of Graham Greene this summer, especially a reread of Travels with My Aunt. But the summer isn't over yet. There will still be a few lazy weeks by the pool.

While I've been waiting for my silkscreening supplies to arrive I've been practicing other techniques. Tonight I tried my hand at painting on fabric. This is only a test. I will let it try over night and then wash it 10 times to see how it holds up in the laundry before I add fabric painting to my repetoire. All in all, good fun.

No comments: