18 October, 2008

Know your friends and family 2008 survey



My old friend Peg (and I don't mean that Peg is old, but that I've known her for a very, very long time) sent me this Know Your Friends and Family 2008 survey this week. Normally, I would ignore it, but I decided to at least read it. It was actually insightful and I now feel that I know Peg a little better, so I thought, why not send it to some other friends, maybe they will get a kick out of it too.

Surprisingly, lots of friends filled it out and sent it back. That in itself was insightful. Is it because nobody actually takes the time to actually ask people about themselves any more? When was the last time anyone asked you what's your favorite flower (although my lovely friend Cath bought me this gorgeous bouquet 2 weeks ago).



Now I know things like Shannon's favorite flowers are sweetpeas and Karen watches Survivor. Maybe nothing earth shattering, but friends now are so spread out over the world who knows what your favorite food is or what you're currently listening to.

If you get your hands on this little survey, send it out to your friends, you might be surprised at some of the information you receive.

No comments: